[Ip-health] Novartis job ad for Director of Market Access, Latin America

Joana Ramos jdr at ramoslink.info
Thu Oct 7 16:49:52 PDT 2010

   FYI, a recent ad widely circulated on job boards. Under "Gipap
program" , SCM stands for  "shared contribution model" which means
phase-out of  drug donation to sharing of the cost, either by 3rd party
payors and/or patients.

http://www.careertopjobs.com/clinical-research-job.aspx?job=238745&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

  Director Market Access Job

Company - Novartis
Location - *na, New Jersey US *
Job Code - 69564BR
Position - Full Time
Job First Active on: Saturday, September 25, 2010

http://www.careertopjobs.com/clinical-research-job.aspx?job=238745&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

<snip>

> Main Priorities for the role:
> Pricing:
> Proactively collaborate/align with Global MALT team to better
> support/develop smart pricing strategies for LATAM Region in support
> to New Products and New Indications maintaining alignment with
> sub-regions.
> Access/Commercial:
> Proactively collaborate/align with Global MALT team to better
> support/develop Innovative Access/Commercial Models suitable for our
> LATAM Region.
> Team Integration:
> Collaborate for a successfully integration with Marketing/Medical as
> well as other key functions to assure Access LATAM Strategies
> implementation and execution.
> Gipap Program:
> Direct and coordinate program in LATAM Region supporting sub-regions.
> Lead efforts to convert existing programs to novel, sustainable SCMs
> models across region.
<snip>
> .Patient Advocacy:
> Support LATAM Countries and sub-regions to develop Patient Advocacy
> Groups to empower patients' access to novel medicines while increasing
> capabilities and impact of patient group's actions. Maintain Patient
> Access activities and further develop relationships with key
> pan-regional patient advocacy groups such as the Alianza Latina,
> American Cancer Society, Life Raft Group and the Max Foundation.

<snip>
> Success in the position will be measured by:
> .Ability to support LATAM Access strategies across LATAM Region to
> successfully identify access gaps for Base Business and New -to be
> launched- products, assuring formulary inclusion and reimbursement
> which will be a primary KPI measure of performance, driven by novel
> pricing strategies and contributing to construct tactics that will
> drive uptake at country level.
> .The protection of the business against major market developments such
> as reference pricing, reimbursement refusal, unfavorable pricing or
> penetration of substandard copies which threaten the safety and
> wellbeing of cancer patients.
> .The achievement of Company's financial objectives.
> .The Company's image credibility and trust within the LATAM Region
> with key KDM's.

Joana Ramos, MSW
Cancer Resources & Advocacy
Seattle WA USA