[Ip-health] Workshop in New Delhi, October 21-23, 2011

Protecting the Health of the Poor phpworganizers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:57:13 PDT 2011

The Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP), the Developing
Countries Research Centre at the University of Delhi, the Research and
Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), Incentives for Global
Health (IGH) and Academics Stand Against Poverty (ASAP) are organising our
first collaborative global health workshop: *Protecting the Health of the
Poor: Social Movements in the Global South*. The workshop will take place
October 21-23 in New Delhi, India.
We are looking for health activists and scholars who may be interested in
participating in our workshop, which will bring together about 25
participants across different disciplines and forms of social movement. The
workshop will constitute a unique opportunity to generate a critical and
fruitful dialogue among academics and activists about how we can better work
with poor people toward protecting their health. Anyone with interest and
experience in the field of global health is invited to apply to attend. More
information about the workshop, as well as our Call for Papers, is available
here:
www.crop.org/storypg.aspx?id=468&MenuNode=&zone=41.

The Call for Papers is open to potential participants from all
less-developed countries. The more suitable papers will be ones inspiring
collective learning that can be used around the world by poor people and
those working in their behalf. Some funding is available for travel and
accommodation in New Delhi.
We hope you will consider applying or help by circulating this information
and Call for Papers to any suitable person or group involved in global
health. Thank you!

Nikita Lalwani for the
Protecting the Health of the Poor Workshop Organisers:
Ashok Acharya, University of Delhi
Sachin Chaturvedi, RIS
Alberto Cimadamore, CROP
Nikita Lalwani, IGH