[Ip-health] Vt Governor letter on TPP pharma

Outterson, Kevin mko at bu.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:55:24 PDT 2011

It is a good letter, and should result in the US asking for new exceptions for Medicare Part B and 340B in future trade agreements.

But TPP negotiators should publicly ask USTR why these exceptions are limited to the US.  We need transparent debate on this issue.

Kevin Outterson
Associate Professor
BU Law & BU SPH
Editor in Chief, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics
Blogging at www.theincidentaleconomist.com/author/mko
Research papers at http://ssrn.com/author=340746