[Ip-health] PPH Agreement between US and Brazil will be signed shortly

Ken Shadlen k.shadlen at lse.ac.uk
Sun Mar 13 07:55:20 PDT 2011

Pedro -- Thanks for posting this. Peter Drahos writes a bit about the PPH in his book on patent offices, particularly about how the sharing of preliminary searches in this way can contribute to what he regards as "invisible harmonization" at the level of administrative practices. In the context of Brazil and public health, it's interesting that this is happening at the same time as the prior consent system, which served to prevent the granting of undeserved patents, is being eliminated. Please keep us posted.
Ken