[Ip-health] ACTA and TPP -- Re: US proposed TPP IP provisions are dangerous to access to medicines

Ante ante at ffii.org
Wed Mar 16 07:00:37 PDT 2011

On Monday 14 March 2011 16:06:58 Baker, Brook wrote:
> Even though the US's proposed patent and data provisions in its TPP text
> has multiple place-savers, there are substantial dangers to
> access-to-medicines reflected in hard text already proposed.

The US didn't want patents in ACTA, and will probably use the option to
exclude them from the scope. If the reasons for this were substantial, the US
wouldn't want the elsewhere either.

Yet the US wants them in the TTP. Any know reason for this difference?

It is just that ACTA raised too much heat?

vriendelijke groet,
cordialmente,

Ante