[Ip-health] Los Angeles Times: FDA is blocked from requiring graphic warnings on cigarette labels

Outterson, Kevin mko at bu.edu
Tue Nov 8 06:28:33 PST 2011

Actually we should go there. As I said yesterday at TIE<http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/court-injunction-blocks-fda-graphic-warnings/>: "The Founding Fathers wouldn’t recognize today’s First Amendment, which was designed to protect religious and political minorities, but is increasingly defending the world’s most powerful corporations.  The First Amendment has become corporate America’s weapon of choice against public health rules."

Kevin
Associate Professor
BU Law<http://www.bu.edu/law/faculty/profiles/#o> & BU SPH
Editor in Chief, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics<http://www.aslme.org/Publications>