[Ip-health] Global Kaletra Campaign: license requests, translations, resource documents

Steven Knievel sknievel at citizen.org
Wed Nov 30 11:44:47 PST 2011

www.citizen.org/kaletra-campaign

Global Kaletra Campaign: license requests, translations, resource documents

Earlier this month, civil society groups in a dozen countries launched a global campaign to challenge Abbott's monopolistic hold on the HIV medicines ritonavir (Norvir) and lopinavir + ritonavir (Kaletra, Aluvia). The campaign aims to reduce costs through generic competition and support the global treatment goals we will mark together on World AIDS Day.

We have posted license request letters, resource documents, translations, testimonials and other campaign documents at: http://www.citizen.org/Kaletra-campaign.

These include letters to Abbott and to governments from civil society groups and treatment providers in Vietnam, Indonesia, Peru, St. Maarten, Malaysia and China, as well as GTPI's patent opposition in Brasil, statements from ongoing campaigns in Colombia, Ecuador, India, Thailand and the United States, press coverage of the campaign and more.

Campaigners around the world have taken another step to expand access to second-line treatment. As the campaign moves forward we will continue to post technical documents and country updates on our website. For more information, write us at medsaccess at citizen.org.

Public Citizen Global Access to Medicines Team

Steven Knievel
Global Access to Medicines Program
Public Citizen | Protecting Health, Safety and Democracy
TEL: +1 202-588-7771
1600 20th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Twitter: @PCMedsAccess