[Ip-health] Washington Post co-sponsors NCD event with Eli Lilly

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Fri Sep 16 14:42:34 PDT 2011

Which observation holds water?

The one that posits that hiding behind intellectual property rights to justify outrageous pricing that places medications out the reach of literally millions of people that winds up resulting in enormous global suffering and early death, that the US trade representative and pharma presses these changes KNOWING that this horrific suffering and death will ensue while ensuring that discovery is further stymied by an archaic, corrupt system that is actively committing economic genocide?

Yes, a series of observations that hold more than water. They hold blood and global massacre to prop up a rotten, decaying system.

I initially thought I was reading an article from The Onion but I suspect the Washington Post  and its pharma benefactors can only exceed them in an infamy of irony rooted in oblivious self-delusion and greed-crippled rationalizing.
George M. Carter