[Ip-health] Good Jeff's new firm - RabinMartin, part of extensive web of PR firms working with corporate clients on global health issues | Knowledge Ecology International

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Sun Sep 18 06:14:40 PDT 2011

http://keionline.org/node/1270

On July 19, I read a press
release<http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-health-council-ceo-jeffrey-l-sturchio-to-become-senior-partner-at-rabin-martin-125825298.html>
that
annouced that:

Rabin Martin, a leading global management consultancy working at the
crossroads of health, announced today that Dr. Jeffrey L. Sturchio,
President & Chief Executive Officer of the Global Health Council, will join
the firm in September as Senior Partner. Sturchio will guide strategy,
identify emerging issues and create new partnerships for the firm's
corporate, multilateral and nonprofit clients.

I wrote Jeffrey Sturchio a note asking about the new move, and he wrote back
to tell me that "Yes, I am leaving the Global Health Council on August 15."

I had never heard of Rabin Martin before, and in preparing for the UN
negotiation on NCDs, I wanted to take a look at the firm. The two principles
are Steve Rabin<http://www.rabinmartin.com/about-us/our-backgrounds/steverabin.html>,
a former President of Ogilvy Public Affairs, and Bill
Martin<http://www.rabinmartin.com/about-us/our-backgrounds/billmartin.html>,
who, among other things, previously " directed internal change
communications for Merck’s corporate turnaround effort and led the company’s
Vioxx withdrawal communications, and "was the senior communications and
investor relations officer at two biotech companies.

These are a few highlights from the company web page:

   [snip]