[Ip-health] US HSS: Stakeholder Listening Session (April 30th, 2012) in Preparation for the 65th World Health Assembly

Thirukumaran Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Wed Apr 4 06:15:05 PDT 2012

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/04/02/2012-7738/stakeholder-listening-session-in-preparation-for-the-65th-world-health-assembly

Time and Date: April 30, 2012, 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. EST

Place: Great Hall of the Hubert H. Humphrey Building, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Washington DC 20201.Show citation box

Purpose

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)—charged with leading the U.S. delegation to the 65th World Health Assembly—will hold an informal Stakeholder Listening Session on Monday April 30, 3-4:30 p.m., in the Great Hall of the HHS Hubert H. Humphrey Building, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Washington, DC, 20201.Show citation box

The Stakeholder Listening Session will help the HHS's Office of Global Affairs prepare for the World Health Assembly by taking full advantage of the knowledge, ideas, feedback, and suggestions from all communities interested in and affected by agenda items to be discussed at the 65th World Health Assembly. Your input will contribute to US positions as we negotiate these important health topics with our international colleagues.Show citation box

The listening session will be organized around the interests and perspectives of stakeholder communities, including, but not limited to:Show citation box

	• Public health and advocacy groups;Show citation box
	• State, local, and Tribal groups;Show citation box
	• Private industry;Show citation box
	• Minority health organizations; andShow citation box
	• Academic and scientific organizations.Show citation box

It will allow public comment on all agenda items to be discussed at the 65th World Health Assembly http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA65/A65_1-en.pdf. Show citation box

RSVP

Due to security restrictions for entry into the HHS Hubert H. Humphrey Building, we will need to receive RSVPs for this event. Please include your first and last name as well as organization and send it to OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov. If you are not a US citizen please note this in the subject line of your RSVP, and our office will contact you to gain additional biographical information for your clearance. Please RSVP no later than Friday April 20th.Show citation box

Written comments are welcome and encouraged, even if you are planning on attending in person. Please send these to the same email address OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov. Show citation box

We look forward to hearing your comments relative to the 65th World Health Assembly agenda items.

Dated: March 26, 2012.

Nils Daulaire,

Director, Office of Global Affairs.

[FR Doc. 2012-7738 Filed 3-30-12; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 4150-38-P

--

Thiru Balasubramaniam
Geneva Representative