[Ip-health] "I am not impressed by anti-ACTA demonstrations", says EC de Gucht

Jérôme Martin jeromemartin at samizdat.net
Wed Feb 8 08:41:29 PST 2012

http://www.actupparis.org/spip.php?article4757

“I’m not impressed by anti-ACTA demonstrations” says Mr. Karel De Gucht,
European Commissioner
EC despises any democratic expression

8-Feb-12, Paris: Yesterday an Act Up-Paris activist, who managed to find
her way through the so-called “Civil Society Dialogue” meeting,
confronted the European Commissioner regarding the impact of the trade
agreement being negotiated by EC for years without any democratic
consultation. As the activist was talking about the worldwide
demonstrations against ACTA or the Free trade Agreements, Karel de Gucht
casually stated: “I am not impressed by anti ACTA demonstrations”.

This proves De Gucht’s contempt towards any democratic expression. Any
responsible person having concern for democracy and common interests
would pay attention to the hundreds of thousands  of citizens protesting
and would take serious note of the petition signed against ACTA by 2
million people.

It is very evident from his statement that De Gucht despises democracy,
he despises the rights of the citizens of a democracy and despises their
freedom. He despises the life of people living with HIV or any other
serious disease, who had also demonstrated against the murderous
agreements being negotiated by EC De Gucht.
This supposedly  “Civil Society dialogue” was in itself a proof of De
Gucht’s contempt for democracy as half of the “organizations” invited
were lobbyists from industries.

History will remember De Gucht as a relentless enemy of democracy and a
big danger for patients around the world. Act-Up Paris demands Karel De
Gucht to quit from his position.