[Ip-health] Europe's Devious Attempt to Re-Enshrine Data Monopolies in the EU-India FTA

Ujjwal Kumar ujjumish at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 21:19:37 PST 2012

This is an interesting article by Professor Baker. I have a query: Suppose,
India agrees to the text/language of Article 39.3 in the EU-India FTA, how
it can be said that India stands chances to loose in a dispute (where it
maintains its present interpretation of 39.3) under bilateral dispute
settlement mechanism, whereas it can win a similar dispute under WTO DSM?

I would be grateful if more light is thrown on this issue.

Thanks and Regards, Ujjwal
Ujjwal Kumar
India
+91-9199030799