[Ip-health] MSF launches My Life with HIV slideshows

Joanna Keenan-Siciliano joanna.l.keenan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:36:14 PDT 2012

To celebrate the International AIDS Conference in Washington DC this week,
Medecins Sans Frontieres produced and launched a series of three audio
slide shows entitled My Life with HIV.

My Life with HIV looks at the lives of three women with HIV - Carmen, Veena
and Ivone - and the productive, healthy lives they lead after starting
treatment with antiretroviral drugs:

Carmen & Victorino – Mozambique: a love story about a couple who have stuck
together  - the wife is HIV positive and the husband HIV negative -  and
are moving on now with their plans together, "She's a part of me" says
Victorino. Watch her story here:
http://www.msfaccess.org/content/my-life-hiv-carmen
Veena – Mumbai, India; a widowed seamstress, bringing up her children in
the pressure cooker of colour and noise that is Mumbai. Meditation brings
the family together each day and she has also just recovered from MDR-TB
treatment. "When my TB treatment was completed, I felt as if I had a new
life. I can now live for my children and do some work." Watch Veena's story
here: http://www.msfaccess.org/content/my-life-hiv-veena

Ivone – Mozambique: a mother looking after four kids and a husband, in a
village in northern Mozambique, under the baking sun - and baking is the
way she has chosen to push the family fortunes forward. "Don't be afraid if
you have HIV. We are all brothers and sisters together" she says. See
Ivone's story: http://www.msfaccess.org/content/my-life-hiv-ivone

*Joanna Keenan
*Press Officer
Médecins Sans Frontières - Access Campaign
E: joanna.keenan[at]geneva.msf.org
T: twitter.com/joanna_keenan
msfaccess.org
twitter.com/MSF_access