[Ip-health] ACTA: EP Development committee vote Monday 4 June

Ante ante at ffii.org
Sun Jun 3 13:42:48 PDT 2012

EP Development committee vote Monday 4 June
http://acta.ffii.org/?p=1394
with links

June 3, 2012
By Ante

Tomorrow, Monday 4 June 2012, the European Parliament Development committee
will vote on ACTA. The committee’s Rapporteur’s draft opinion proposes to
advise the Parliament to adopt ACTA. Committee Members tabled amendments to
change this conclusion. See our May 7 letter to the DEVE committee. The vote
will be at around 17.30, Central European Summer Time. Today, the FFII sent a
short letter to the committee.

Committee home page | Draft agenda (point 1), draft opinion and amendments
(point 13) | Video

On June 19 the Committee on Petitions (PETI) will hold a hearing with the
petitioners of the ACTA petitions. On 20 June, the International Trade
committee will vote on the final report. The committees’ opinions and the INTA
report are not binding. The plenary vote, that will decide ACTA’s faith in
about 20 seconds, will be on July 3 (to be confirmed).

See also La Quadrature du Net: Important victories on ACTA! Moving on to Final
Steps

Our short letter to the Development committee:

—

Germany advises developing countries against signing ACTA

Dear Members of the Committee on Development,

Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development advises
developing countries against signing the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
(ACTA). [1] See also our May 7 letter to the DEVE committee. [2]

We call upon you to propose to reject ACTA.

Yours sincerely,

Ante Wessels

Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure

[1] http://www.ip-watch.org/2012/05/08/german-ministry-advises-developing-
countries-not-to-sign-acta/

[2] http://acta.ffii.org/?p=1313