[Ip-health] TPPA Melbourne Round & Public Citizen Updated Analysis for Australia

Burcu Kilic bkilic at citizen.org
Thu Mar 15 10:42:22 PDT 2012

Last week's 11th round of negotiations for the Trans-Pacific Free Trade Agreement in Melbourne (March 1-9).

We have updated our comparative analysis of the U.S. intellectual property proposals to the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) and Australian law to reflect the content of the leaked September U.S. text (on patent term adjustment, linkage, data exclusivity, etc).  Our analysis reflects the AUSFTA-plus provisions of the U.S. IP proposal and the possible changes which would be required of Australian law. You can find it here on our Melbourne round page: http://www.citizen.org/TPPA-Melbourne. This chart was distributed at the March 4th Stakeholders' Forum of the negotiations.

The Public Citizen Melbourne page also contains updated information with news, stakeholder presentations and photos from the 11th negotiating round, as well as links to external resources on the TPPA.

For more information, news and analysis on the TPPA, check our webpage: http://www.citizen.org/TPPA

Burcu Kilic, Ph.D.
Legal Counsel, Global Access to Medicines Program
Public Citizen | Protecting Health, Safety and Democracy
TEL: +1 202-588-7792
1600 20th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Twitter: @burcuno