[Ip-health] Fwd: Re Comments on Europe

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 12:09:10 PDT 2012

Will wonders never cease. A reply. Perhaps the lamest, weakest, most pointless reply I've ever read in my life. I wonder why they even bothered. Perhaps Jennifer will explain as I am cc'ing her.

Pathetic. Pfizer is not interested in dialog. They're interested in profit at any cost. Whether through the fraudulent sales of gabapentin (even if it kills those with bipoloar disease and is worthless for the other off-label indications they illegally promoted it for) to denying access to people with cryptococcal meningitis who can't afford the ransom cost for fluconazole in developing nations, blocking access to generics.

They certainly don't have much of a pipeline to be proud about. And what little there is is an indictment of a system crushed by litigation and licensing fees to pay off the monstrosities of their profiteering.

"Intellectual property" rights IMPEDE research and development. And Pfizer is one of the absolute worst in my view.
George M. Carter

Begin forwarded message: