[Ip-health] EP Development committee ACTA vote on 14 May

Erik Josefsson erik.hjalmar.josefsson at gmail.com
Sat May 5 22:45:32 PDT 2012

On 05/05/2012 04:09 PM, Gaelle Krikorian wrote:
> it's development in the sense of human dev.

ANNEX VII : Powers and responsibilities of standing committees
II.    Committee on Development

Committee responsible for:

1.    the promotion, implementation and monitoring of the development
and cooperation policy of the Union, notably:

    (a)    political dialogue with developing countries, bilaterally and
    in the relevant international organisations and interparliamentary
    fora,

    (b)    aid to, and cooperation agreements with, developing countries,

    (c)    promotion of democratic values, good governance and human
    rights in developing countries;

2.    matters relating to the ACP-EU Partnership Agreement and relations
with the relevant bodies;

3.    Parliament's involvement in election observation missions, when
appropriate in cooperation with other relevant committees and delegations.

The committee coordinates the work of the interparliamentary delegations
and ad hoc delegations falling within its remit.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+RULES-EP+20120417+RESP-DEVE+DOC+XML+V0//EN&language=EN&navigationBar=YES

> the ITRE committee is the one more business oriented.

ANNEX VII : Powers and responsibilities of standing committees
IX.    Committee on Industry, Research and Energy

Committee responsible for:

1.    the Union's industrial policy and the application of new
technologies, including measures relating to SMEs;

2.    the Union's research policy, including the dissemination and
exploitation of research findings;

3.    space policy;

4.    the activities of the Joint Research Centre and the Central Office
for Nuclear Measurements, as well as JET, ITER and other projects in the
same area;

5.    Union measures relating to energy policy in general, the security
of energy supply and energy efficiency including the establishment and
development of trans-European networks in the energy infrastructure sector;

6.    the Euratom Treaty and Euratom Supply Agency; nuclear safety,
decommissioning and waste disposal in the nuclear sector;

7.    the information society and information technology, including the
establishment and development of trans-European networks in the
telecommunication infrastructure sector.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+RULES-EP+20120417+RESP-ITRE+DOC+XML+V0//EN&language=EN&navigationBar=YES