[Ip-health] Eminent domain

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Thu Nov 15 07:17:41 PST 2012

If ever there was a case to invoke eminent domain, this is it.

Promising HCV Combo May Not See Light of Day

Click http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/AASLD/35957 for the full story:

Sign up at http://www.medpagetoday.com/updateProfile.cfm?action=register for your FREE, once-daily, Medical News Daily Headlines Email.

MedPage Today(R) provides physicians and 'expert patients' real-time coverage of breaking medical news and the top stories in health and medicine. Physicians, PAs, Nurses, and Pharmacists may also receive CME/CE credit as part of our news coverage.

Gilead refuses further development with BMS's daclatasvir for no other reason than greed.
I'd like to ask the people on this list, and Professor Outterson how we could get a state or nation (the US? Mexico? India? Egypt??) to invoke eminent domain?

For a good review, see http://www.ipprospective.com/copyright-caucus/intellectual-property-and-eminent-domain-a-plausible-combination/

George M. Carter