[Ip-health] Patent linkage in TPP vs. past US FTAs; and factsheets on TPP & meds

Peter Maybarduk pmaybarduk at citizen.org
Wed Sep 26 15:52:29 EDT 2012

http://bit.ly/PbCH0f

From: Stephanie Rosenberg, Public Citizen

Click here<http://bit.ly/PbCH0f> for a report on the Leesburg round intellectual property negotiations as well as presentations from Public Citizen, Professor Brook Baker, the American Medical Student Association, Universities Allied for Essential Medicines, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Public Knowledge.

We developed a new set of factsheets for this round. You'll find a short-form table comparing "patent linkage" provisions in the US TPP proposal to linkage provisions in past US FTAs. The TPP proposal is even more dangerous, comprehensive and burdensome, with a built-in automatic delay of generic medicine marketing approval and potential for abuse.  We also have new short-form factsheets summarizing the dangers for access to medicines in the TPP generally and in the specific contexts of Vietnam and Malaysia.

Leesburg round report and factsheets here: http://bit.ly/PbCH0f

Stephanie Rosenberg
Global Access to Medicines Program
Public Citizen | Protecting Health, Safety and Democracy
1600 20th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Cell: 773 620-3968
Twitter: @PCMedsAccess