[Ip-health] research project European Universities

Christian Wagner-Ahlfs cw at bukopharma.de
Mon Feb 4 11:04:42 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,

we from BUKO Pharma-Kampagne Germany ask for your support.

We plan to publish a collection of case studies showing what European
universities (and other publicly funded research institutions) can
contribute to health in developing countries. There are several
collection of case studies, e.g. www.iphandbook.org But as our
experience shows, must examples are originated in the United States.
What we are looking for are examples from Europe, which we intend to
publish in a well-edited and commented collection soon.

Working title: How can European Universities contribute to Access to
Medicine?

What we need:
* examples how European Universities made their research results
accessible in developing countries
* either by: equitable licensing, participation in product development
partnerships, open access publishing (resulting in real products!!), or
any other mechanism. In best case, the product is already on the market
- as drug, vaccine, diagnostic kit, ... !
* case studies from the health sector are welcome
* case studies from technical sectors like communication, water
technology etc. are also welcome

What you can contribute:
* Links to literature, case studies, experts, scientists, tech transfer
managers,  ...

Thanks for your support!
Christian

-------------------------------------

Background of our project:
BUKO Pharma-Kampagne is a German organization working for access to
medicine since more than 30 years now. Member of Health Action
International, People's Health Movement and other networks. Cooperation
with Universities Allied for Essential Medicines Europe (UAEM).
This project is part of the campaign
http://www.med4all.org/index.php?id=14 (which is mostly a German
campaign, therefore the English part of the website has only limited
information).

-------------------------------------
Dr. Christian Wagner-Ahlfs
BUKO Pharma-Kampagne