[Ip-health] Really??

George Carter gmcfiar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:29:39 PDT 2013

As an ACT UP/NY member since 1989, I actually found this depressing. Pegylated interferon and ribavirin??? Toxic, marginally effective garbage.

I STRONGLY feel the demand should be WHO seeks compulsory licenses on sofosbuvir and daclatasvir. Two drugs with clinical trial data with 100% SVR12 among genotype 1, in as little as 12 weeks and virtually no side effects.

I realize they're not approved but GILEAD refuses to let further studies of their drug with the BMS daclatasvir. Screw that--this is just part of the ongoing, chronic, grinding economic genocide that murders people with Hep C, those co-infected with HIV--millions of men, women and children around the world. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO HOLD OUR LIVES HOSTAGE.

WHY should we press for these shitty drugs????
George M. Carter