[Ip-health] Press release from Interpol: INTERPOL and pharmaceutical industry launch global initiative to combat fake medicines

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Tue Mar 12 10:04:31 PDT 2013

In principle, truly fake or counterfeit drugs manufacturers do indeed need to be arrested and incarcerated. (Given the abysmal failure of the drug war, I have my doubts as to their ability in that regard.)

My concern here, of course, is that if you do a global replace, removing the I from patient, you'll get the highest priority target of this initiative. E.g., "Ultimately, this is about protecting patents around
the world."
George M. Carter

On Mar 12, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Shailly wrote:

> *12 March 2013 - Media release*
>
> *INTERPOL and pharmaceutical industry launch global initiative to combat
> fake medicines*
>
> http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News-media-releases/2013/PR031
snip...