[Ip-health] Survey: US Health Agency Should Use Patent Rights To Keep Drugs Affordable

Biotech. Info. Inst. biotech at biopharma.com
Wed Sep 4 13:35:19 PDT 2013

Most everyone reading this likely has strong opinions on the these topics.  My questions, like the topic, concerned what is the state of U.S. general public knowledge and opinion.

So, are there any recent survey, polling or other data concerning U.S. public (or health care professionals') knowledge and attitudes towards NIH pharmaceutical product-related patent licensing, related 'reasonable pricing' issues, etc.?"  I vaguely recall there were some such data way back (in the early-mid 1990s?) when 'reasonable pricing' for pharmaceuticals resulting from NIH CRADAs was a hot topic.

Thank you.

Ronald A. Rader
President
Biotechnology Information Institute