[Ip-health] Survey: US Health Agency Should Use Patent Rights To Keep Drugs Affordable

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Thu Sep 5 04:32:15 PDT 2013

Oh, we already have health tyrrany here. The Affordable Care Act is primarily just a giveaway to bloated, claim-denying, profiteering insurance companies, there's NO negotiation of rapacious drug pricing (except the Veteran's Administration), there's a glut of fraud by physicians, clinics and hospitals to charge more, prescribe more, test more, and screw more out of the coffers.

This steaming pile of greed-driven insanity results in nearly 50 MILLION of us lacking any insurance, more and more having garbage insurance, increased co-pays and premiums, a huge percentage of foreclosures due to inability to pay for healthcare costs if you have the temerity to be ill in a culture where wages have stagnated, unemployment remains high.

The United States has become and propels itself further down the path of being the world's most tyrannical, vicious, selfish and brain-dead nation the planet has or probably ever WILL see as its policies and practices to its own citizens, let alone what it is doing globally, are assuring we will accelerate ourselves unimpeded down the chute of self-inflicted extinction. From health to global urges to burn more oil, using religious conflicts as a foil to achieve absurdist ends, to the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement as but another stellar example of the arrogance, evil and subservience to transnational corporate interests, we will no doubt use up all resources, burn the planet to death and destroy ourselves in the Sixth Great Extinction.

And all our "reasonable" efforts, sane commentaries, demonstrations, actions, philosophies, prayers and gods and what have you seem utterly pointless in the face of this global juggernaut of death.
George M. Carter