[Ip-health] Is Ebola diverting resources from other neglected diseases? Joshua Cohen

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 04:37:44 PST 2014

Wow. What this says pretty clearly to me is that we need a bigger pie (more public funds dedicated to public, open-source R&D), better spent on R&D not fettered by outrageous licensing fees from the early stages of R&D, let alone the greed of pharma embedded as it is in a failed, corrupt, anti-science, anti-medicine model as it is.

Which leads to understanding that the high mortality rate is linked not to a "resource-poor" nation. Guinea has big mining concerns--i.e., they're RAPING the resources and leaving the land and people SO poor they can't even afford to REHYDRATE people? This is what is wrong with health care access around the world, INCLUDING much of the U$A.

What is WRONG with Tufts? Don't they have anyone there with the sense god gave an anencephalic goat?
George M. Carter