[Ip-health] new UNITAID NGOs Board Member and Alternate Board Member

Baker, Brook b.baker at neu.edu
Thu Dec 18 06:52:25 PST 2014

A message from UNITAID's NGOs Board Member and Alternate Board Member:

Dear all,

As of January 2015, Brook Baker will become the new NGOs Board Member in UNITAID's Executive Board, replacing Tido von Schoen-Angerer (Health Action International), who is stepping down. Brook is Senior Policy Analyst for Health GAP (Global Access Project) - an HIV/AIDS treatment access NGO - and a professor at Northeastern University School of Law. As per our normal procedure, Brook served as Alternate under Tido since June 2013 and is now stepping up to the Board Member position.

This means we also have a new Alternate to announce: Diarmaid McDonald will become the new NGOs Alternate Board Member. Diarmaid is the advocacy Manager of STOPAIDS, a network of UK organisations working to secure and effective global response to HIV and AIDS. Diarmaid brings a wealth of advocacy experience, a large network and excellent knowledge of UNITAID to the position. Welcome Diarmaid!

Best regards,
Tido and Brook