[Ip-health] US International Trade Commission Hearing, "Trade, Investment, and Industrial Policies in India: Effects on the US Economy"
claire.cassedy at keionline.org
Thu Feb 6 14:52:09 PST 2014
US International Trade Commission Hearing, "Trade, Investment, and
Industrial Policies in India: Effects on the US Economy"
Next week, the United States International Trade Commission (ITC) will hold
a two-day hearing on "Trade, Investment, and Industrial Policies in India:
Effects on the US Economy." The first session will take place Wednesday,
February 12, 2014 at 1:00pm and the second session will convene on
Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 9:30am. Both sessions will be held at the
ITC in the Main Hearing Room (room 101) at 500 E Street SW, Washington, DC.
The hearing is part of a larger investigation launched by the ITC to
examine a wide range of Indian policies and how they impact US trade and
investment. The investigation was jointly requested by the US Senate
Committee on Finance and the House Committee on Ways and Means. The ITC
will perform quantitative analysis of the effects of various Indian
policies, provide case studies, and will survey a sample of US firms to
measure perceptions of India's policies and to gauge firms' business
strategies towards India.
Wednesday February 12th Panel Session-Witness List
- Brian Pomper, Executive Director, Alliance for Fair Trade with India
- Arvind Subramanian, Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for
International Economics, Center for Global Development
- Mark Elliot, Executive Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce,
Global Intellectual Property Center
- Michael Schlesinger, Of Counsel, International Intellectual Property
- Stephen Ezell, Senior Analyst, Information Technology and Innovation
Thursday February 13th Panel Session-Witness List
- Ron Somers, President, U.S. India Business Council
- Pallavi Shroff, Senior Partner, Amarchand Mangaldas, Confederation of
- Linda M. Dempsey, Vice President, National Association of Manufacturers
- Stephen Simchak, Director, International Affairs, American Insurance
- Jerry Rao, Former Chairman, NASSCOM and former CEO, MphasiS, National
Association of Software and Service Companies
- Douglas Nelson, Senior Adviser for Trade, Intellectual Property &
Strategic Issues, CropLife America
- Lila Feisee, Vice President, International Affairs, Biotechnology
- Dr. Neil McCullough, Executive Vice President, Association of Clinical
- Rod Hunter, Senior Vice President, International Advocacy,
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- Richard J. Shapiro, Chairman, Sonecon, LLC
- D G Shah, Secretary General, Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance
- Srividhya Ragavan, Professor of Law, University of Oklahoma College of
- Sean Flynn, Professor of Law, American University
- Philip Blake, President, Bayer HealthCare USA
- James Love, Director, Knowledge Ecology International
- Rohit Malpani, Director of Policy and Analysis, The Access Campaign,
Doctors Without Borders
- Peter Maybarduk, Director of Global Access to Medicines Program,
The US ITC welcomes written submissions for the record. Written submissions
for this investigation are due by April 11, 2014 at 5:15pm.
The US ITC will deliver the full report of the investigation to the House
and Senate Committees by November 30, 2014.
The most up-to-date details of the hearing can be accessed via the ITC's
calendar page .
More information about the Ip-health