[Ip-health] TREAT Asia/amfAR releases policy brief on Hepatitis C and HIV co-infection.

Giten Khwairakpam giten.khwairakpam at treatasia.org
Mon Feb 24 16:38:46 PST 2014

Dear Colleagues,
As a part of our efforts to increase awareness and treatment of hepatitis C (HCV) and HIV co-infection, TREAT Asia/amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is pleased to share a new policy brief outlining major clinical and advocacy issues entitled Hepatitis C and HIV: Addressing the Dual Epidemic.
The brief reviews the nature of hepatitis C infection, the impact of HIV on liver disease progression, why additional investments are needed to sustain and improve long-term programmatic and clinical outcomes, and summarizes advocacy priorities.
Although originally targeted towards local and regional policy makers and community advocates within the Asia-Pacific region, we hope it will be helpful to others working on similar agendas. You can find the brief at: http://bit.ly/TheDualEpidemic
For further information, please contact Giten Khwairakpam, project manager for community and policy at TREAT Asia/amfAR, at giten.khwairakpam at treatasia.org<mailto:giten.khwairakpam at treatasia.org> or +66 2 6637561 (Thailand).
Giten. Khwairakpam
Project Manager, Community and Policy

TREAT Asia/amfAR - The Foundation for AIDS Research
388 Sukhumvit Road, Suite 2104
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Thailand
t. +66 2 663 7561