[Ip-health] Special issue of Third World Quarterly

Linsey Linsey at mcgoey.com
Tue Feb 25 01:25:45 PST 2014

Dear all,

Lisa Ann Richey and Stefano Ponte edited a recent special issue of Third World Quarterly on "new actors and alliances in development" that might be of interest to list members. Papers address the business turn in development and the new constellation of both state and non-state actors playing an increasingly influential role in policymaking, from non-Western states to philanthropic institutions such as the Gates Foundation.

http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/ctwq20/current#.UwtPKaNFDcs

I have a paper in the issue that looks critically at public-private partnerships and the role of governmental actors in funding or underwriting corporate investment in development and health aid.

If you don't have institutional access and would like a pdf of any of the articles, please drop me an email.

Linsey McGoey

Linsey McGoey, PhD

Lecturer in Sociology

Co-Director,

Centre for Economic Sociology and Innovation (CRESI)

Department of Sociology

University of Essex

lmcgoey at essex.ac.uk<mailto:lmcgoey at essex.ac.uk>