[Ip-health] Bayer CEO Marijn Dekkers explains: Nexavar cancer drug is for "western patients who can afford it.” | Knowledge Ecology International

Michael H Davis m.davis at csuohio.edu
Wed Jan 22 13:58:32 PST 2014

This doesn't make sense even from the most capitalistic economic perspective, although it is consistent with what I have been saying and writing for 30 years.

What Bayer is saying is that they calculate that western purchases will more than pay for r&d, and they will profit from those sales alone ( “We did not develop this medicine for Indians...We developed it for western patients who can afford it.”).

Thusq they lose NOTHING by these Indian sales. They anticipated no revenue from India. There can be no theft if there is no loss. There can however be a crime by Bayer, depriving people of health and drugs through misrepresentation. That would be a large scale fraud but I have also been saying for thirty years that Pharma is nothing but a large criminal conspiracy. These comments are actual abuse of patent rights. It's an abuse that surely kills and that too is a crime.

Prof. Mickey Davis
216/687-2228(phone)
917/771-0235 (cell)

Mailing Address:
Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Avenue, LB 234
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214

Campus Location:
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
1801 Euclid Avenue
Law Building, LB 234

Admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Reg. No. 45,863