[Ip-health] Launch of APPG TB Inquiry into R&D for Global Health

Diarmaid McDonald Diarmaid at stopaids.org.uk
Fri Jan 31 08:39:43 PST 2014

Apologies for cross-posting!

Hi all,

Please see below and attached details of an inquiry by the UK All Party Parliamentary Group on TB on R&D. Submissions deadline 17th March.

Cheers,

Diarmaid

Diarmaid McDonald
Advocacy Manager
STOPAIDS

________________________________

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to formally launch the All Party Parliamentary Group on Global TB’s inquiry into Research and Development for Global Health.

The evidence collected over the next six weeks will provide the foundations of a report examining R&D for Global Health. The final report will contain clear policy recommendations for improving and amending existing models of R&D for Global Health and will be presented to the UK Departments for International Development, Health, and Business, Innovation and Skills. The report’s recommendations will also be shared with the World Health Organisation’s Global TB Programme, the Stop TB Partnership, and other key stakeholders in R&D for Global Health.

Attached to this email you will find the Terms of Reference for submitting written evidence to the inquiry. Please note that the specific questions in the ToRs are for guidance only, and the APPG would welcome submissions on any subject relating to R&D for Global Health.

The deadline for submissions is 9.00am on Monday 17th March.

The strength of the final report relies heavily upon the quality of submission received, accordingly, we are keen to receive as many submissions as possible. Please share this email widely within your networks.

We thank you in advance for your support.

Kindest regards,

Matt

--

Matt Oliver | Health Advocacy Officer and APPG TB Policy Adviser | RESULTS UK

T: 020 7793 3970 | E: matt.oliver at results.org.uk<mailto:matt.oliver at results.org.uk> | www.results.org.uk<http://www.results.org.uk> / www.appg-tb.org.uk<http://www.appg-tb.org.uk>

31-33 Bondway, London, SW8 1SJ

RESULTS UK is a charity registered as "RESULTS Education" in England and Wales (1015286), a company limited by guarantee (2761858), and a charity registered in Scotland (SC041481)

This email has been scanned by the Purple Matrix
Email Security System.