[Ip-health] New listserv on undisclosed information

Burcu Kilic bkilic at citizen.org
Thu Jul 24 08:57:43 PDT 2014

Dear all -

We'd like to invite you to join our undisclosed-info at listserver.citizen.org<mailto:undisclosed-info at listserver.citizen.org>. The listserv will serve as a forum to discuss industry efforts to roll back and prevent public access to critical information about the safety and efficacy of medicines we take and the safety of chemicals used in the production of goods we purchase. Industry submissions to USTR for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) specify expansive rules regarding trade secrets and commercial confidential information (CCI - aka confidential business information (CBI)) as one of their prime targets in the negotiations. There are also currently efforts in the EU to bring coherence to member states' rules on trade secrets through an EU Directive, and in the U.S., bills are advancing in Congress to establish trade secret protection at the federal level.

Content from this listserv will be available publically (http://cts.citizen.org/read/?forum=undisclosed-info), searchable (http://cts.citizen.org/read/search/advanced?forum=undisclosed-info), and we hope that it  will become a go-to source for information in this area and as an educational tool for those less familiar with the implications of these rules on their areas of focus.

If you would like to join the listserv, please email Steve Knievel (sknievel at citizen.org<mailto:sknievel at citizen.org>).

Cheers,
Burcu

-----