[Ip-health] The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) Broadens Collaboration with Gilead Sciences: Signs Licence for Phase III Medicine Tenofovir Alafenamide (TAF)

Thiru Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Fri Jul 25 06:57:05 PDT 2014

Further to our query, we received the following clarification from the MPP:

"[T]he new agreement includes China as a country of manufacturing for TAF,
TDF, COBI and FTC, but does not include China within the licensed
territory. In other words, Chinese manufacturers can make TAF in China, but
can sell only within the 112 countries specified in the agreement (which
does not include China)."