[Ip-health] Job offer: Policy & Advocacy Offcier at Salud por Derecho - Madrid
vanessa.lopez at saludporderecho.org
Mon Jun 23 05:55:02 PDT 2014
Salud por Derecho is recruiting a Policy & Advocacy Officer to implement
advocacy projects on access to medicines and innovation, as well as in
global health financing.
Please circulate widely.
Executive director Fundación Salud por Derecho
Vanessa.lopez at saludporderecho.org
Job Offer : Policy & Advocacy Officer (PAO_2014)
ABOUT SALUD POR DERECHO - www.saludporderecho.org
Salud por Derecho is a human rights organization focused on defending the
right to health. Through political advocacy, awareness-raising and social
mobilization, in Spain and at the European and global levels, we work so
that all people are able to exercise their right to health.
Our work is focused on three lines of action: (1) promoting more and better
health R&D in an innovation system that is needs-driven and that ensures
access to biomedical products, (2) contributing to achieving universal
access to prevention, treatment and care for HIV/AIDS and (3) promoting the
creation of a global social health protection framework that ensures that
all people have access to quality basic health services.
Specific projects run by Salud por Derecho include: the Catalytic Project,
the Working Group on Health, Access and Innovation, resources mobilization
for the Global Fund or the Robin Hood Tax Campaign.
Salud por Derecho is a non-profit, non-confessional, independent foundation,
unaffiliated with any public or private entity, institution or political
party. Based in Madrid, Salud por Derecho works in alliance and close
collaboration with the principal global health networks and organizations.
OBJECTIVES & FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The responsibilities of the person who holds the position of Policy &
Advocacy Officer will be to implement and develop advocacy projects in the
organization, especially those which are related to R&D, access to
medicines, and global health financing. Under the supervision of the
Executive Director of Salud por Derecho, the new Officer will be responsible
for researching, developing policy proposals and recommendations, fostering
public debate, and mobilizing different actors around a common agenda that
will make possible Salud por Derechos institutional achievements.
· Planning, organization and execution of advocacy activities in
Spain, Brussels and in other European countries where relevant.
· Maintain an overview of key policy issues, political processes,
relevant research and events on health R&D; access to medicines; development
financing; and global health.
· Develop policy materials (papers, reports, position papers and
proposals) and communications to distribute through different channels
(Salud por Derechos web page, social media, and traditional media).
· Organize events, meetings, conferences, etc.
· Represent and actively defend the objectives of the organization
in meetings and in different forums and arenas, both nationally and
· Build and develop relationships with main decision makers and
· Develop alliances and facilitate working groups and discussion
forums promoted by Salud por Derecho.
· Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
· Relevant professional experience in policy making and/or advocacy
with an understanding of EU policy making processes.
· Fluent in English both written and oral is absolutely needed. Able
to communicate effectively with others in Spanish, both oral and in writing
is a minimum required.
· Background in global health, human rights and/or development.
Understanding of biomedical R&D and access to medicines policies and
· Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships and
outstanding oral and written communication skills.
· Effectively work as a team member and independently, under
pressure and with a high-level of self-motivation and initiative.
· Demonstrate high organizational skills and ability to set and meet
goals, working in a continuously changing environment with flexibility.
· Capacity for critical and creative thinking and complex problem
solving; as well as ability to identify opportunities.
· Identification with the values and goals of the organization,
commitment with social change and interest in politics.
· 12-months period contract.
· Full time.
· Location: Madrid. Availability to travel on a timely basis.
· Starting as soon as possible. September as deadline.
· Salary: commensurate with experience.
Send your CV and a cover letter to saludporderecho at saludporderecho.org by
July 10th indicating in the subject line: PAO_2014.
Salud por Derecho is an equal opportunities employer.
More information about the Ip-health