[Ip-health] HCV Drug costs

Anthony Arena anonyarena at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 14:13:56 PDT 2014

Hi George,   Yes. I agree that is exactly what this says in the "Discussion" section of this report.  Quote: "Unless these DAAs are widely introduced, current death rates from HCV of 500 000 people per year will continue for many years to come."

But what's your take on this?  - Quote"...widespread access to combinations of HCV DAAs is feasible, with potential target prices of US$100–$250 per person for a 12-week treatment course."

It says that in order to do this, similar mechanisms which allow low-income access to ARV for HIV can also be used for people with HCV to ensure that the HCV drugs are affordable...but to put these mechanisms in place will take commitments by National Governments and International donors. How can we get that ball rolling?

Tony