[Ip-health] MSF launches TPP and access to medicines campaign this week #BadDealforMedicine

Jennifer Reid Jennifer.Reid at newyork.msf.org
Tue Apr 21 10:21:59 PDT 2015

Dear all,

This week Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has
launched our #BadDealforMedicine campaign highlighting MSF's concerns for
access to medicines and innovation in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
trade deal, which is currently being negotiated between the U.S. and 11
other countries.

As you may know, MSF is concerned that if the TPP is approved in its
current form, it will lock-in high drug prices and block access to generic
competition that has proven to be a key tool to make medicines more
affordable for millions. For a summary of MSF's concerns, please read our
latest letter to President Obama on these issues:
http://www.msfaccess.org/content/tpp-msf-letter-president-barack-obama

This week, as TPP country negotiators reportedly meet in the Washington,
DC area, MSF is running metro and bus ads asking the public to "help us
fix the TPP." The ad uses the hashtag #BadDealForMedicine and links to our
new TPP MSF USA campaign page: www.doctorswithoutborders.org/TPP. Versions
of the ad will also be featured online and in print in Roll Call, the
Nation and the Economist.  Our new campaign page  provides information
about the TPP, has sample tweets to President Obama and Congressional
trade leadership, and provides a suggested script with a link to the
public submissions page for the White House.

We ask for your support in promoting on social media and  other
opportunities.  If you are in the Washington DC area, look out for MSF's
ads and please share pictures with us on Twitter at @MSF_USA.

Thank you!

Jennifer Reid
Researcher, MSF Access Campaign
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
333 Seventh Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001
Phone:  +1-212-763-5714
Email: jennifer.reid at newyork.msf.org