[Ip-health] HHS May 8​ Stakeholder Listening Session in Preparation for the 68th World Health Assembly

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Thu Apr 23 05:51:24 PDT 2015

Federal Register, Volume 80 Issue 69 (Friday, April 10, 2015))

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-04-10/html/2015-08124.htm

[Federal Register Volume 80, Number 69 (Friday, April 10, 2015)]
[Notices]
[Pages 19326-19327]
>From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [
www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 2015-08124]

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

Office of Global Affairs Stakeholder Listening Session in
Preparation for the 68th World Health Assembly

    Time and date: May 8, 2015, 10:30-12:00 p.m. EST.
    Place: Room 705A, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 200
Independence Ave SW., Washington, DC, 20201.

    Purpose: The Stakeholder Listening Session will help the HHS Office  of
Global Affairs prepare for the World Health Assembly by taking full
advantage of the knowledge, ideas, feedback, and suggestions from all
communities interested in and affected by agenda items to be discussed at
the 68th World Health Assembly. Your input will contribute to U.S.
positions as we negotiate these important health topics with our
international colleagues.

    The listening session will be organized around the interests and
perspectives of stakeholder communities, including, but not limited to:

     Public health and advocacy groups;
     State, local, and Tribal groups;
     Private industry;
     Minority health organizations; and
     Academic and scientific organizations.

    It will allow public comment on all agenda items to be discussed at

the 68th World Health Assembly:
http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA68/A68_1-en.pdf

[[Page 19327]]

    RSVP: Due to security restrictions for entry into the HHS Humphrey
 Federal Building, we will need to receive RSVPs for this event. Please
send your full name and organization to OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov. If you are not a
U.S. citizen, please note this in the subject line of your RSVP, and our
office will contact you to gain additional biographical information for
your clearance. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must RSVP no later than
April 23, 2015. If you are American, please RSVP no later than Friday, May
1, 2015.

    Due to the number of stakeholders expected to attend in person, we
 request that all speakers keep their interventions to three minutes or
less. This time limit will be strictly enforced. Written comments are
welcomed and encouraged, even if you are planning to attend in person.
Please send these to the same email address: OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov.

    We look forward to hearing your comments relative to the 68th World
 Health Assembly agenda items.
    Dated: March 30, 2015.
Jimmy Kolker,

Assistant Secretary for Global Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2015-08124 Filed 4-9-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4150-38-P

http://www.keionline.org/donate.html
+41.76.413.6584, twitter.com/jamie_love