[Ip-health] Starting today! MSF at the 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health (Dec 2-5, Cape Town)

Michelle French Michelle.French at newyork.msf.org
Tue Dec 1 23:30:58 PST 2015

New:  MSF at the Union webpage: https://www.msf.org.za/union2015
** We will be posting our Union-related publications and press releases on
this webpage, and in the schedule posted there you can find a list of our
poster sessions as well. **

Please join MSF for the following events at the 46th Union World
Conference on Lung Health:

SYMPOSIUMS
Friday, 04 December 2015, 15:30 - 17:00 (Symposium)
Moving towards universal access to drug susceptibility testing: progress
and challenge
Coordinators:  M Casenghi (MSF), J LemaireSession N.00686
Room MR 2.64-2.66

Friday, 04 December 2015, 17:30 - 18:45 (Satellite Symposium)
Ending TB in India: Why civil society should dream and act big
Organizer: MSF
Session N.00493
Room MR 2.41-2.43

Saturday, 05 December 2015, 13:30 - 15:00 (Symposium)
Innovations to improve the TB/HIV patient experience: from diagnosis to
treatment
Organizer: KNCV
Session N.00420
Ballroom West-CTICC
13:45 - 13:55 The potential and pitfalls of using Xpert MTB/RIF to detect
TB in people living with HIV (PLHIV): what have we learned from the
African experience?
M Casenghi (MSF)

Saturday, 05 December 2015, 17:30 - 18:45 (Satellite Symposium)
Tuberculosis control in acute and chronic conflict
Organizer: MSF
Session N.00440
Room MR 2.61-2.63
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WORKSHOPS
Wednesday, 02 December 2015, 13:00 - 16:00
Challenges in setting up phase 2/3 MDR-TB clinical trials
Organizer: MSFSession N.00406
Roof Terrace

Thursday, 03 December 2015, 09:00 - 16:00
Ensuring MDR-TB patient information and adherence counselling are key part
of patient-centred care
Organizers: MSF, USAID/Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and
Services Programme)
Session N.00478
Auditorium II

Thursday, 03 December 2015, 09:00 - 16:00
Pharmacovigilance for bedaquiline, delamanid and other TB drugs and
regimens
Organizers: USAID/SIAPS, WHO, End-TB Project (PIH, MSF, IRD), KNCV TB
Foundation, MSF
Session N. 00449
Room Sir Francis Drake-Westin
IMBIZO COMMUNITY SPACE
Friday, 04 December 2015, 14:00 - 14:30
Briefing on the 3P (Push, Pull and Pool) project: A new approach to
developing affordable, effective new TB drug regimens
Facilitators: TAC and MSF
Room: IMBIZO Hall 4B
ORAL ABSTRACT SESSIONS
Friday, 04 December 2015, 13:30-15:00
MDR-TB: trials, cohorts and predictors
Auditorium I
13:50-14:00 Comparison of 2- and 6-month culture conversion as early
predictors of multidrug-resistant TB treatment success: multicenter study
of MSF programs
Ref: OA-342-04; M Bastard, (MSF) et al

Sunday, 06 December 2015, 10:30-12:00
HIV and TB: snapshots
Ballroom West-CTICC
10:38-10:46  Incremental diagnostic yield of incorporating TB-LAM test and
Xpert® MTB/RIF into a diagnostic algorithm in HIV-positive patients
Ref:  SOA-623-06; H Huerga (MSF) et al
POSTGRADUATE COURSES
Wednesday, 02 December 2015, 09:00 - 16:00
Qualitative methods in global tuberculosis research
MSF presenters J Furin, B Stringer and P Isaakidis and chair S Horter
Session N.00157
Room MR 1.42

Thursday, 03 December 2015, 09:00 - 16:00
Implementing new and re-purposed drugs for the treatment of drug-resistant
TB: lessons
from the field
MSF coordinator J Furin and presenters V Cox, S Lynch
H Cox (South Africa)
Session N.00225
Room Ballroom West

###

Michelle French
Sr. Communications Manager, MSF Access Campaign
Doctors Without Borders\Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Office: +1.212.763.5735 | Mobile: +1.646.552.4600
michelle.french at newyork.msf.org | Skype: michellejfrench
www.msfaccess.org | twitter.com/MSF_access | www.facebook.com/MSFaccess

Please sign our petition to give all kids A FAIR SHOT: afairshot.org