[Ip-health] NY Times editorial: No Justification for High Drug Prices

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Sun Dec 20 08:16:01 PST 2015

Not to mention that Pitts remarks shine a spotlight on the opaque mess and subsequent horror of drug companies price gouging, secret negotiations, sleazy back room deals (let alone tax evasion  by dumping profits in Ireland or elsewhere like Gilead, Pfizer and others do).

It underscores just how evil a system set up to “bring drugs to market” is versus a sane one that actually “brings medicine to people.”

This for-profit model is anti-innovation, anti-common sense, anti-life, broken, dismal and loathsome in every respect. The actors, those executives who run these companies, lie, cheat, steal, suppress null or negative data, distort outcomes and block access to millions while fiscally raping public health coffers. They create good business for coffin companies.

These executives should be in prison awaiting trial for their patterns of practice that they undertake INTENTIONALLY and KNOWING they cause horrific global suffering and death but profit matters more to them. This is a crime against humanity that should be recognized for what it is: “economic genocide.”

This garbage must end. Better systems and models that involve actual scientists, researchers, physicians, ethicists and others are out there that WILL bring medicine to people. These must be encouraged, subsidized and explored.

And the damned executives should rot in hell. They murdered too many of my friends, to many humans on this planet for their abject greed.
George M. Carter