[Ip-health] U.S. Senate: Drug prices too high

Ellen Shaffer ershaffer at cpath.org
Tue Dec 22 08:20:31 PST 2015

Suits me. Of course, U.S. negotiators have indeed walked away from a given
drug, price, or company, in the context of Medicaid and the VA, which is
why the industry blocked Medicare from exercising this power.

In any case, it will be useful to shift focus away from quibbling with drug
co.s about whether they deserve just a few more years of monopoly
protection to recoup the costs of biologics (or any new drugs), after which
the miracle of pure competition will kick in; and focus on comprehensive
solutions that will lower prices.  - Ellen