[Ip-health] NY Times editorial: No Justification for High Drug Prices

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Tue Dec 22 10:55:37 PST 2015

I really think there’s a lot of deck chairs on the Titanic activity, trying to get pharma to anything even remotely approaching the right thing. I think you are cowardly for not addressing the substance of my comments and simply sneering them away, if ever so genteely.

Most of the crap pharma pukes up has little social value in terms of advances—and why they should try to “capitalize” on that when they do get something that works is hardly the question to be asking. Aren’t they raping society enough? We actually have to empty coffers before cures are available?

That’s disgusting. Least of all because of what pharma fails to do. Will new antibiotics arise only if they cost $1000 per pill? New vaccines?

What needs to be done is to re-orient the viewpoint. These men and women who run pharma companies are murderers. They are nothing short of the most outrageous criminals our human society has ever created, short of psychotic war mongers. Why are we negotiating with terrorists who hold people’s lives hostage? Why are we rewarding murder for profit? Why are we trying to be reasonable in the face of truly monstrous evil?

They may not be rounding people up and murdering them in gas chambers, but that’s of little comfort to the millions and millions who have died of HIV and hepatitis C and cancer—let along the millions more who will be dying of what used to be relatively treatable infections.
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-35153795

I admire the good work many of you are doing—but face it: we have failed. The power of money wins and the economic genocide that arises therefrom will keep on killing and harming. Until we bring these criminals to justice. That CAN happen.
George M. Carter