[Ip-health] [e-drug] Price discount for biosimilar infliximab obtained by pool procurement

Donald W. Light Jr. dlight at princeton.edu
Thu Feb 12 11:54:57 PST 2015

Very interesting, but realize that after these big, double discounts, a lot of profit may well remain. Manufacturing costs in volume are very low; so the volume matters a lot. As for R&D costs, what matters to companies is their net R&D costs, after all tax credits, deductions and after all research supported by the public. Overall, 84 percent of all funds to discover new medicines comes from public sources. See Chapter 3 in http://announcementsfiles.cohred.org/gfhr_pub/assoc/s14881e/s14881e.pdf.

Don
Donald W. Light
Cell: 609-216-0071