[Ip-health] 2 new opposition on sofosbuvir patent at the EPO

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Mon Feb 23 02:17:53 PST 2015

Céline,
​ do you have insight in to the patent landscape of the various HCV drugs,
including GS 5816, and the BMS and AbbVie drugs, in individual EU countries?

Jamie
​

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Céline Grillon <
celine.grillon at medecinsdumonde.net> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> 3 more oppositions have been filed : one by Teva, one by Mylan and one by
Pharmaceutical Works PolPharma (API Manufacturer from Poland).
> Regards,
>
> Céline Grillon
> Harm Reduction, HCV & HIV
> Advocacy Officer /Chargée de plaidoyer
> Réduction des Risques, VHC et VIH
> celine.grillon at medecinsdumonde.net<mailto:
celine.grillon at medecinsdumonde.net>

> Médecins du Monde
> 62 rue Marcadet 75018 PARIS
> t. + 33 (0) 1 44 92 13 02
> m: + 33 (0) 6 50 01 39 10
> www.hepCoalition.org<http://www.hepcoalition.org/>

European Patent Office. You can have look through this link :
https://register.epo.org/application?number=EP08732818&lng=en&tab=doclist

> It is interesting to note that the two oppositions are anonymous, as they
have been filed in the name of the attorneys in charge of the opposition
and not in the name of the true opponents (perhaps pharmaceutical companies
which do not wish to support arguments which could be returned against
their own patents). The arguments are quite in line with our own arguments.

> Regards,
> Céline Grillon
> Harm Reduction, HCV & HIV
> Advocacy Officer /Chargée de plaidoyer