[Ip-health] Compulsory Licence Application filed over AstraZeneca’s Saxagliptin

swaraj barooah swaraj.barooah at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 16:21:11 PDT 2015

http://spicyip.com/2015/07/compulsory-licence-application-filed-over-astrazenecas-saxagliptin.html

"Earlier today, we received an anonymous tip-off
<http://spicyip.com/2014/12/indias-first-compulsory-licence-open-ended.html#comment-24023>
that
an application for a Compulsory License had been filed last week for the
patent covering Saxagliptin. On checking, we found that it was true – a
Compulsory Licence application has been filed over AstraZeneca’s diabetes
management drug Saxagliptin. This marks the third Compulsory Licence
application that has been filed thus far. The first one (Natco’s application
<http://spicyip.com/2012/03/breaking-news-indias-first-compulsory.html> for
Bayer’s Nexavar) was successful, and the second (BDR’s application
<http://spicyip.com/2013/10/breaking-news-india-rejects-compulsory-licensing-application-at-threshold.html>
for
BMS’s Dasatinib) was rejected. You can find the present CL application here
<https://ipindiaonline.gov.in/patentsearch/GrantedSearch/viewdoc.aspx?id=Ki5zBavDAs1ywfTVdRBoXquSxKCBQFIEQ6+Ywq5XUqE%3D&loc=vsnutRQWHdTHa1EUofPtPQ%3D%3D>
(you’ll
have to click on the PDF dated 29 June 2015).

This rather long post will try to explore the strength of the present
application."

http://spicyip.com/2015/07/compulsory-licence-application-filed-over-astrazenecas-saxagliptin.html