[Ip-health] (Tone deaf) Statement by U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman on Trade Votes in the House of Representatives

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Fri Jun 12 19:17:30 PDT 2015

​Wow, Froman is not exactly a humble guy.  Here is his victory
statement....   Reminds me of Howard Dean after Iowa primary.   Jamie​

​--------------------------​

https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-offices/press-office/press-releases/2015/june/statement-us-trade-representative

Statement by U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman on Trade Votes in the
House of Representatives

Washington, D.C. -- Today’s bipartisan vote for Trade Promotion Authority
is another important step toward unlocking opportunity for American workers
and farmers.

While more work remains, bipartisan majorities in both the House and the
Senate have now voted in favor of Trade Promotion Authority to move forward
with deals that will strengthen the middle class and support more good jobs
here at home.

Through TPA, Congress is providing its marching orders on trade.  We look
forward to working with Congress to renew a job training program that helps
American workers compete and win.

We now have within our reach an opportunity to shape tomorrow’s global
economy.  America doesn’t shrink from the task of leading to promote our
values and interests abroad. I look forward to continuing the work with
Democrats and Republicans to ensure that the trade bills currently before
Congress are signed into law.

http://www.keionline.org/donate.html
+41.76.413.6584, twitter.com/jamie_love