[Ip-health] The variables in Dr. Peter Bach's Drug Abacus

Ruth Lopert ruth.lopert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:31:31 PDT 2015

There is no inherent value in novelty. There are plenty of examples of
drugs with novel mechanisms of action that are no more effective and even
less effective than drugs in the classes that preceded them. Innovation
that addresses an unmet or inadequately met clinical need is of value, but
not novelty per se,