[Ip-health] TPP ISDS and IP L&Es

Sean Michael Flynn sflynn at wcl.american.edu
Thu Mar 26 10:09:06 PDT 2015

I released a statement earlier today opining that the today¹s leak of the
Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) chapter proposed for the Trans
Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement
https://wikileaks.org/tpp-investment/WikiLeaks-TPP-Investment-Chapter.pdf
would give new rights to private companies to challenge limitations and
exceptions to copyrights, patents, and other intellectual property rights in
unaccountable international arbitration forums. This note gives further
background and analysis supporting that statement.

http://infojustice.org/archives/34189

I welcome comments on the blog or on list.

Sean Flynn
Professorial Lecturer and Associate Director
Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property
American University Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington DC 20010