[Ip-health] MPP Hep C and TB scoping studies and recommendation pending - UNITAID NGO/CS consultation

Baker, Brook b.baker at neu.edu
Fri May 1 12:07:19 PDT 2015

Colleagues

We have just been informed that the MPP hep C and TB scoping studies and funding diversification studies were not released to UNITAID on April 30 as planned because additional study is required.  We understand that this development and a potential timetable for further reporting will be communicated to the Board of UNITAID during its June meetings in Brazil.

We have also learned that the studies will be released at the discretion of the MPP as UNITAID will have to treat that information as it does other confidential proposal materials received from other UNITAID project proponents.  Our request that the studies and MPP recommendation, when finalized, be made available to CS groups promptly has been forwarded to the MPP, but we will be making this request directly as well and keep our constituencies informed.

Given the lack of information about the studies or any further information from the MPP on the impacts of its licenses, including projected impacts on Hep C and TB access, we will be delaying our CS consultation until such information is available.

Brook Baker, b.baker at neu.edu<mailto:b.baker at neu.edu>, and Diarmaid McDonald, Diarmaid at stopaids.org.uk<mailto:Diarmaid at stopaids.org.uk>
NGO Board Member and NGO Alternate Board Member to the UNITAID Board