[Ip-health] Joint NGO Statement: LDC Pharma Exemption

Francisco francisco_rossi at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 6 07:02:18 PST 2015

Sangeeta;

Just for clarification, this is the first time we heard about an obligation to protect test data for least developed countries, additionally to patents.  As far as we understand, data exclusivity is a TRIPS Plus measure not contemplated before in the discussions of transition period to protect pharmaceutical products with patents in LDCs. Is this a new goal by Pharma? is this a "compromise" solution?  Do you have aditional information on that?

Thanks from Colombia where we are completing 13 years of painful data exclusivity .

Francisco Rossi