[Ip-health] The Wire: India Must Resist US Pressure on Generic Drugs, African Leaders to Tell Modi

Baker, Brook b.baker at neu.edu
Tue Oct 27 06:19:34 PDT 2015

Whatever one thinks about Gilead¹s hepatitis C DAA license, it¹s hard to
say that 99% price reductions from US prices are not significant and it is
also hard to ignore that there are already the beginnings of price
competition between the multiple licensees leading to lower prices.
Volume will need to increase for producers to begin to reach economies of
scale and the number of generic producers needs to increase but there
surely are the seeds of further price reductions rather than the
guaranteed higher profits discussed in the last paragraph of the article,
especially Gilead does not set minimum pricing terms for these licensees.

Professor Brook K. Baker
Northeastern University School of Law
416 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02115
(w) 617-373-3217
(c) 617-259-0760
(f) 617-373-5056
b.baker at neu.edu
Skype:  brook_baker

On 10/27/15, 5:10 AM, "Ip-health on behalf of Shailly Gupta"
<ip-health-bounces at lists.keionline.org on behalf of